Fire Department Defensive Driving Program
This classroom program is approximately two hours in length and is most often taught as an addition to the core curriculum SAFER Driver Challenge, EVOC or EVAP training programs
Unlike traditional driver safety courses that emphasize skills, law and knowledge, NTSI empowers drivers to review their attitudes and find new ways to break old habits. To accomplish this we apply Choice Theory, and innovative behavior modification strategy by Dr. William Glasser that involves participants in a process of identifying and modifying high risk behaviors.
- Fire Department Collisions
- Mental Awareness
- Stress Awareness
- Aggressive Driving
- Response Driving
- Sensory Overload
- Anger Management
Benefits of the program:
- Allows participants to discover areas of defensive driving specific to fire fighters.
- To assist participants in examining their current driving behaviors and help them in their goal of being a professional fire department vehicle operator.
- To discover who, what, when, where and how fire department collisions occur.
- Learning how to cope with daily stress can improve the quality of one’s life and one’s driving behavior.
- Increase productivity by avoiding injury/disability.
- Safer Driver.
For additional information click here: Request More Information